Warren Averett is looking for college students for the Spring 2023 Internship season. The ideal candidate will have taken the first Audit and Tax classes and be able to work full time January 2023-April 2023.
Interns must be able to build and maintain strong relationships with the Firm’s clients, both internal and external and have strong desire to have a career in public accounting.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following characteristics:
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and generally accepted auditing standards as defined in literature
- Beginning knowledge of Federal and state income tax laws and regulations and the ability to begin preparation of tax returns
- An awareness of current trends in the accounting profession
- The ability to communicate, both verbally and written, clearly and effectively
- Professional appearance in attitude, dress, poise and conduct
- A strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Develop proficiency in use of software utilized by the Firm
- Pursuit of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Desire to obtain the schooling required to take the uniformed CPA exam
- Excellent interpersonal skills in working with other staff and clients
- Ability to travel overnight, as required