Warren Averett Staffing & Recruiting is currently looking for an Accountant with experience handling sales-related accounting. This role will be in East Tampa toward the Brandon area. If you’ve handled accounting for sales activities, then let’s chat.
- Responsible for sales-related activities for the commercial division and must ensure that all sales activities are properly reflected in the appropriate accounts and the appropriate periods
- Administer cash applications daily, prepare balance sheet reconciliations and other duties as the department needs
- Complete various sales analytics, including miscellaneous sales and service activities, FPD freight reconciliation, cash proof analysis for the external CPA Firm, rebate roll-forward analytics, and advanced sales monitoring and reconciliation
- Ensure sales are recorded in the proper period and GL account
- Reconcile goods receipt and invoice receipt accounts and record the inventory in transit entries for each period
- Administer customer payment applications on daily basis, including researching and correcting misapplied automated payments and/or other technical issues
- Coordinate with AR, Credit and/or Customer Service to research and identify canceled invoices, credit memos, etc.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and complete other month end activities
- Participate in process improvement efforts and other project work and analysis as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance required
- 3+ years of accounting and accrual experience required
- Strong technical accounting skills (GAAP) required
- Knowledge of auditing/Sarbanes Oxley standards required
- Strong Excel skills
- SAP preferred