Warren Averett Staffing & Recruiting is looking to hire an Accounting Manager in Tampa, FL. This individual needs to be a true nuts & bolts accountant with previous experience managing a small team. If you think you’re ready for this, then call us.
- Oversee daily operations of the Accounting Department, in conjunction with CFO
- Help with the following as needed: Daily Cash Operations including deposits, online banking, ACH/Wire processing and checks creation & bank upload, manage carrier and vendor payables to ensure timely and accurate payments, producer commission reporting, etc.
- Review & post Bi?weekly and monthly payroll journal entries against reports
- Reconcile and prepare various month?end journal entries, reports, reconciliations, prepare various payroll disbursements (401k, HSA, FSA, etc.)
- Review and approve monthly Payroll and PTO accruals including all branches
- Prepare various reporting and filings including Annual Reports, Surplus Lines, WC, and 1099’s
- Assist CFO with monthly close, quarterly close, and year-end coordinating various Audit preparations, reporting, and follow?up throughout the year
- Ability to work a regular, full-time work schedule at MEW facility(s) and travel on business when required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years in managerial accounting
- Previous experience managing 1-2 people
- Insurance industry experience a plus
- Advanced Excel capabilities