Warren Averett Staffing and Recruiting is looking for an experienced Controller for a growing Government Contractor in Tampa, FL. Our ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 10+ years of relevant experience in Government Contract Accounting dealing with complex intercompany transactions, multiple entities, various contract award types, and Deltek CostPoint.
- Manage all transactional and technical general ledger accounting activities for multiple entities inclusive of small businesses, 8(a), hubzone, etc.
- Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting, compliant with company policies and procedures and U.S. GAAP of all entities
- Report to the company’s CFO and leadership team to provide monthly and quarterly accounting activities.
- Forecast and manage the company’s financial statements – individual and consolidated balance sheets and statements of operations and cash flow.
- Maintain and enhance the company’s indirect cost structure, ensuring compliance with government Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Support the timely and accurate submission of annual Incurred Cost, Forward Pricing and Billing Rate proposals.
- Provide Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) function for monthly/quarterly/annual variance analysis as well as annual planning and quarterly forecasting processes.
- Manage ongoing interactions with external and internal auditors to ensure audit issues are investigated, resolved, and remediated where appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 10+ years of experience in Government Contract Accounting
- Master’s Degree in Accounting and/or CPA license is preferred
- Deltek CostPoint experience is required
- COGNOS experience is preferred
- Experience with complex intercompany transactions, elimination journal entries and consolidation of multiple entities is required.
- Experience with DCAA & DCMA audits and reviews
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP, FAR/DFAR, and SBA 8(a) Program
- Knowledge of various government contract award types, Firm Fixed Price, Cost Plus, as well as labor rates, etc.
- Ability to work and communicate well at all levels within the company
- An Active SECRET Security Clearance is preferred