Warren Averett Staffing & Recruiting is hiring for an Accounting Manager for a client in Alpharetta. Reporting directly to the General Manager, this position will be responsible for various areas relating to company's financial reporting. This role will also participate in monthly reporting, quarterly SEC filings, quarterly reviews, year-end audits, and advising management on complex transactions from an accounting perspective.
This position requires significant interaction with individuals internal and external to the organization, including senior management, independent auditors and other service providers. This position requires the ability to research accounting guidance, and interpret transactions in a clear and concise manner for multiple audiences. This position also requires the ability to acquire and appropriately apply knowledge of the following accounting functions:
- General Ledger
- Accounts Payable/Disbursements
- Billing and Receivables
- Asset Management
- Manages the accounting staffs who are responsible for financial reporting, billing, collections, payroll, and budget preparation.
- Recruits and hires accounting and financial staff and conduct performance evaluations.
- Coordinate training programs for new staff and identifies training needs for current staff.
- Manage and supervise a team of 7 for full cycle accounting month-end close.
- Oversee the production of periodic financial reports and ensure that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards.
- Establish and execute internal controls guidelines for the Company’s business processes.
- Oversee preparation of business activity reports, financial forecasts, and annual budgets.
- Responsible for tax planning throughout the fiscal year; files annual corporate and state tax return and ensure compliance with regulatory filings.
- Audit accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Point of contact for internal and external audits as it relates to the business's processes and financial information.
- Present recommendations to management on short- and long-term financial objectives and policies.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Review of monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet and income statement accounts, verifying for proper classification, cut-off, and completeness.
- Research and analyze complex accounting transactions, including those related to business consolidations, joint venture, and other financial statement line items. This includes knowledge of researching/applying accounting standards and SEC Regulations.
- Perform technical and regulatory accounting research, and develop alternative approaches as deemed appropriate.
- Present recommendations/resolutions on various transactions across the organization.
- Analyze and assist in implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree with major in accounting.
- CPA highly preferred or comparable/ equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of progressively experience, including at least 5 years of experience in Financial Reporting in SEC regulated environment.
- Experience with SOX, highly preferred.
- Experience in Healthcare industry, a plus.
ABILITIES / SKILLS:
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel and Word. Experience in Sage and SAP B1, a plus.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Effective planning and organizational skills; be results oriented; and possess the ability to competently manage multiple priorities.
- Commitment to excellent customer service and positive teamwork
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
- Strong experience in preparation and analysis of financial data.