Warren Averett Staffing & Recruiting is seeking an experienced Director of Finance for a growing contract manufacturing company in North Alabama. This position will report to the Site Director and be a member of the Senior Leadership Team. Our ideal candidate will have at minimum a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and 10+ years of accounting experience. Must have prior experience in accounting in a manufacturing environment, demonstrate high levels of US GAAP and transactional/operational accounting proficiency.
- Responsible for harmonizing financial operations, developing effective financial strategies, guiding efforts towards financial stability, leading transactional, cost, and analytical financial excellence, promoting revenue growth, ensuring compliance with accounting regulations, and meeting all reporting deadlines set internally and externally.
- Directing financial planning and strategy – Partnering with the Senior Leadership team to develop site financial plan & strategy aligned with overall business strategy. Develop financial KPI’s to help track toward site financial goals.
- Analyzing and reporting on financial performance – Lead finance team to accurately and timely report monthly financial reports. Analyze financial results with clear and precise explanation to unexpected variances.
- Overseeing audit and tax functions – Ensure financial books are kept in accordance with GAAP. Be the liaison between the site and any external auditors and tax consultants.
- Developing and implementing accounting policies. – Develop and maintain internal accounting policies and ensure adherence to said policies.
- Preparing forecasts and comprehensive budgets. – Prepare annual financial budget and quarterly financial forecasts.
- Cash Management – Manage A/R customers and A/P Vendors as needed to ensure efficient cash management. Prepare weekly cash forecast for rolling 13-week period.
- Training accounting staff – Develop and train finance staff to ensure professional and company growth. Lead excellence in transactions for efficiency, effectiveness, and an accurate General Ledger foundation for management information.
- Reviewing departmental budgets – Work with department leads to manage, understand, and adhere to their departmental expense budgets.
- Ensure System Integrity – Ensure all faucets from Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, etc. is accurately and timely reflected in SAP (SAP By Design)
- Price Proposals – Prepare cost estimates and work closely with Customer Relationship Leader to ensure pricing proposals are completed in a timely and accurate manner. Help strategically drive revenue growth with competitive pricing while maintaining a steady growing EBITDA.
- Managing internal controls – Develop and maintain internal controls to ensure the integrity of the financial system.
- Education – BS degree in accounting or finance (MBA Preferred) with at least 10 years of experience managing finance teams in a manufacturing environment, preferably with 5+ years of senior leadership experience.
- Strong foundation in cost, transactional, and general ledger accounting is required.
- Certificates – CPA or CMA strongly preferred
- Systems – High proficiency in Microsoft Office with a strong emphasis on Excel. Strong understanding of ERP Systems, SAP By Design experience a plus.
- Interpersonal Skills – Ability to give and earn trust. High level of emotional intelligence, exceptional listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Decision Making – Consistent track record to make objective and unbiased decisions with imperfect information.
- Collaboration – Cross-functional, focus on bringing varied perspectives together, sharing standard methodologies, and effectively using resources to achieve objectives.
- Leadership – ability to build empowerment and accountability across teams and functions by being bold in aspiration and agile in execution, making sound decisions, and owning the impact of one’s words and actions.
- Entrepreneurial – high energy level with a positive “can do” attitude, ability to adapt and think “out of the box” and rapidly turn ideas into action.