Warren Averett is seeking a new marketing associate for our Birmingham, AL office. The Marketing Associate provides strategic, advisory and tactical marketing support to the North Alabama region and to selected industry groups. This includes executing on a comprehensive marketing plan. This position also supports assigned Industry groups advising on strategy and executing initiatives. The Marketing Senior /Associate reports to the Firm’s Director of Marketing – Industries.
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in executing efforts in marketing trends, industry-leading practices, and digital marketing techniques, emphasizing the following areas:
- Implementing marketing tactics across several functional areas of the marketing mix including: advertising, brand, communications, corporate responsibility, digital and social marketing, events, hospitality, public relations, thought leadership to support marketing strategy;
- Implementing a data-driven, integrated marketing strategy delivering results against strategic priorities that contribute to pipeline and revenue generation, developing relationships and increasing brand awareness;
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Executing leading edge integrated marketing programs and leveraging the latest marketing technologies to create a greater client experience and provide measurable results;
- Understanding how marketing and sales functions/tactics work together to drive sales strategy on accounts.
- Executing marketing strategies and plans that deliver positive results in brand awareness and revenue growth; Lead the pursuit process for large opportunities and oversee proposal development.
- Strategic thinking with a willingness to tactically execute;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships at all levels – leadership, peers, subject matter experts, other teams and resources;
- Demonstrating agility in navigating a large organization; strong collaboration skills and adept at overcoming internal barriers and resource constraints to produce successful program(s);
- Quickly grasping the firm's capabilities and offerings and incorporating messaging into marketing programs;
- Writing and communicating effectively, specializing in translating complex concepts into easy to understand and compelling messages;
- Utilizing and applying marketing automation knowledge and client relationship management (CRM) tools to measure the ability to track results of integrated marketing programs and translate information into strategic insights/recommendations;
- Work through the Marketing & Communications team (internal team within the Marketing Division – MARCOM) and local leadership to develop branding and media strategies specific to the region
- With MARCOM’s assistance create, manage, and execute multi-channel marketing campaigns leveraging SEO, social, inbound marketing, email campaigns and events to drive customer acquisition.
- Optimize marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email, content, and social channels.
- Evaluating potential marketing activities, alignment to marketing strategy, targets and business development opportunities; and,
- Leveraging proven abilities in project management, as well as manage multiple and complex priorities.
- Researching and using analytical skills and ability to pull out relevant data/information and provide synopses for stakeholders;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field is required.
- Minimum of one years of experience in marketing, communications, PR, advertising and/or journalism. Preferably two years experience.
- Prior experience in marketing role within a professional services firm required, accounting industry experience preferred.
- Motivated, self-starter with excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills are required.
- Strong analytical skills (use of spreadsheets to report data).
- Demonstrated ability to contribute creatively, exercise sound judgment and effectively prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to build working relationships and effectively communicate with Firm executives, Members, staff and outside vendors.
- Excellent oral, written, technical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as a productive team member.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher)
- HubSpot CRM (preferred)
- Adobe applications (Acrobat) (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator preferred)