The Measurement Analyst is responsible for reviewing, analyzing and adjusting Measurement Data to help ensure accurate volume data for internal and external customers. The Measurement Analyst will perform a variety of critical volume analysis tasks using different applications, tools, and reports to identify possible measurement inaccuracies and critical thinking skills to resolve them.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze measurement data for completeness, evaluate trends and historical data, and consider operational circumstances to resolve discrepancies missing data, and inaccuracies
- Analyze and resolve validation and load exceptions in the measurement system work queues.
- Meter Calibration Inspection Reports – Interpret, verify, and resolve discrepancies including determining and implementing appropriate volume adjustments.
- Through repetitive exposure and various training opportunities, become proficient in understanding types of and assigned meters, Remote Terminal Units (RTUs), calculations, etc., used in the volume determination process.
- Troubleshoot missing data activity by becoming proficient in the transfer of data from the RTU to the Measurement System.
- As needed/appropriate, work with Field technicians, L&U Engineers, and Management to make appropriate volume corrections for issues found.
- Resolve all edits, tickets, work queues and missing data prior to monthly close cycle.
- Understand and adhere to the volume adjustment guidelines set forth in the Measurement Department Procedures, Pipeline Tariffs, General Terms & Conditions, Operating Agreements, and Contracts.
- Perform internal and external auditing of physical measured points on Kinder Morgan.
- Analyze custody to check reports before and after 3rd party close and investigate discrepancies outside of defined tolerances.
- Initiate, track and finalize requests for adjustments from third party companies
- Complete and/or assist with new meter requests and setup in the Commercial and the Measurement system.
- Provide queries and reports for special data requests from internal and external sources for measurement related information.
- Prioritize workload to ensure that critical locations, identified by various business groups, are reviewed and completed by the designated time
- Assist in the research and reconciliation of loss and unaccounted for gas on the pipelines.
- Assist with Enhancement projects, system testing, documentation and training.
- Assist team in the identification, development and implementation of measurement process improvements and make recommendations regarding these improvements.
- Work with Measurement Manager and Supervisor to set goals, initiatives and timelines
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly duties as assigned by management and/or supervision
- Work with downstream business units and third party interconnecting companies regarding 3rd Party volume data exchange.
- Provide timely response to volume and compositional data inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Establish and maintain effective and productive working relationships with customers.
- Routinely work with team members to provide written documentation for new and/or revised department procedures and processes.
- Share technical and procedural knowledge with team members as required.
- Notify management of immediate and potential problems affecting the quality and timeliness of measurement data.
- Communicate effectively and professionally (written and orally) with team members and internal/external customers.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and high level of performance.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
*Position may be filled at various levels depending on experience and job skills of successful candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is preferred, however a combination of education and applicable experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
Experience / specific knowledge:
- Natural Gas Measurement experience preferred but not required for entry level position.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency level in Microsoft applications, including but not limited to Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Strong math skills including understanding mathematical equations, formulas, fractions, percentages.
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
- Valid driver license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers (for travel).
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
- Strong analytical skills required to spot inaccurate data trends, investigate root cause, and to recommend a short and long term resolution plan based on the multiple factors and available options.
- Sound problem solving and analytical skills, including ability to make solid business decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment
- Ability to organize daily activities to ensure timely completion of assigned job responsibilities
- Must be able to set priorities, and spend work time on what is important, eliminating roadblocks and creating efficiencies
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and shift gears quickly, including smooth transition from one activity to another
- Ability to adapt and adjust to change.
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), focus attention on details, follow work rules, and adhere to established work schedules.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, and communicate effectively both in person and in remote work environments.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.