The Payroll Specialist performs payroll-related functions, including payroll processing, payroll tax compliance, automated timekeeping systems and payroll reporting in a multi-site, multi-state, high-volume environment. The Payroll Specialist provides excellent customer service to managers and associates and is well versed in payroll compliance, taxes and reporting.
- Performs payroll-related functions including but not limited to payroll processing, audits and maintenance
- Processes payroll(s) for multi-frequency Managed Services clients as scheduled
- Performs file imports into payroll system from various sources and reviews and verifies payroll data in a timely manner
- Prepares off-cycle payrolls and manual checks as necessary
- Reconciles all payroll-related accounts and activities
- Maintain discretion and professionalism with team members and clients
- Researches and reconciles timekeeping issues
- Quarter End, Year End, and Open Enrollment assistance and task execution
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with working with external payroll services such as ADP, etc.
- Experience with small to mid-size corporate payroll processing that includes exposure to benefits and 401(k)
- Knowledge of multi-state payroll tax laws
- Detail oriented, exhibiting strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems through effective customer service interface and communication
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent, three to five years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience