Warren Averett is looking for a long-term contractor to support a large Oil & Gas client in Houston, TX. The focus for this contractor will be to support and add value to the PODS team.
Responsible for the accuracy of data entered into the Company Pipeline Open Database Standard (PODS) Spatial geodatabase, along with continually monitoring the integrity of the PODS Spatial geodatabase and making necessary database corrections to existing data.
The PODS Pipeline Analyst responsibilities are inclusive of the following tasks:
- Utilize Data Maintenance applications to create, edit and review data entered into a working database from multiple sources.
- Data completeness, accuracy, and compliance with PODS and Company documented data workflow procedures are all critical responsibilities of this role.
- The data research will include reviewing source documents such as field notes, alignment sheets, detail drawings, survey data, pressure test reports, material purchasing and mill test records, ILI feature listings and various other document types.
- Data consistency checks are also to be made using custom applications and SQL queries prior to loading working data records into the production database.
- Work at the direction of Team Leads and Direct Supervisor
- Follow all PODS related procedures and technical guides for maintaining our PODS Esri Geodatabase.
- Qualified individual will need to have at least two years of experience performing pipeline work, either as a CAD Drafter or maintaining pipeline databases, such as PODS, UPDM, ISAT, or APDM data models.
- Skills / Qualifications:
- Prior pipeline and/or facility experience required (2 year minimum).
- Proficient in ESRI ArcGIS software at a minimum, preferred to have a strong domain of experience working with ESRI ArcGIS software and within an enterprise GIS.
- Experience working with PODS, ISAT, APDM or other types of pipeline data models.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications, specifically MS-Excel, MS-Access, & MS-Word.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work with all levels of management as well as employees in corporate and field offices.
- The individual must be self-motivated and willing to learn new and changing technologies.
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work to meet schedules and objectives.
- Ability to be productive with minimal supervision.
- Effective and respectful communication skills, both oral and written.
- Soft Skills:
- Able to work within a team, take direction from supervisor and/or leads
- Consistent adherence to required work schedules and office rules
- Attention on details
- Utilize effective teamwork skills to achieve project goals, solve problems and manage conflict.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.