Warren Averett Staffing and Recruiting is working with a progressive and growing real estate business in Atlanta, GA, hiring a Property Accountant with HUD experience. This Property Accountant will be responsible for performing accounting functions for a select number of properties from the company’s broad and growing portfolio and will report directly to the Controller. This individual will play a key role in the accounting department and will interface with a variety of people including site personnel, Area Managers and Administrative teams.
- Reconcile and analyze general ledgers for multiple properties.
- Review and report available cash balances to Property Managers and Controller.
- Record invoices and process payments.
- Navigate accounting software (Yardi, RealPage) and assist Property Managers in the system.
- Review rent payments, rent adjustments, and move-in/move-out information.
- Close monthly and annual financials including reconciling balances, reviewing income and expense balances for unusual trends or entries, and preparing financial statements.
- Review and post standard accruals.
- Review loan documents to understand loan compliance and take ownership for the properties assigned.
- Prepare account reconciliations and journal entries for assigned balance sheet accounts.
- For assigned properties, review property trial balances and financial statements for accounting inaccuracies and prepare correcting journal entries as needed.
- Work with property operations to prepare actual-to-budget variance analysis reporting package for senior management, lenders, regulators, and investors.
- Ensure compliance with mortgage loan covenants, and associated reporting requirements.
Annual and Other Tasks-
- Prepare audit packages to be submitted to the 3rd party CPA firms.
- Respond to audit inquiries and requests for additional information.
- For assigned properties, assist in the preparation of annual budgets working with Property Operations and the Financial Planning and Analysis Department.
- Other tasks as assigned by Controller.
- Effective communication (verbal and written) and listening skills
- Strong computer literacy including advanced level with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent financial and analytical acumen with a thorough understanding of financial statements and reporting
- Experience working with loan agreements as well as present value concepts and financial terminology
- Analytical problem-solving skills with capability to undertake detailed analyses and make well-reasoned, decisive recommendations
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree, accounting preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in Affordable Housing
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.