Warren Averett is adding an experienced Internal Controls professional to the Atlanta, GA Consulting group. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience with documentation and testing of internal controls, preferably with a national accounting firm or in the internal audit department of a publicly traded company.
- Assist with facilitation and the timely maintenance of formal supporting documentation for the Internal Control Framework including, but not limited to, process narratives, process flow diagrams, and risk/control matrices
- Perform control testing in inventory, financial reporting and cash disbursements for multiple clients/divisions
- Exposure to testing and documentation related to System and Organization Control (SOC) Reporting would be preferred
- Develop proficiency in information repository or other related software
- Documentation of oversight and workflow related to policy and internal control
- Assist in the preparation of any support materials regarding internal control matters
- Form collaborative relationships with business partners by listening, clarifying and responding effectively and courteously
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of experience in Finance and/or Internal Control
- Knowledge of US GAAP, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, and internal control concepts (SOX, SOC 1 and SOC 2 Reporting, COSO Controls Framework, etc).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- CPA or CIA (or progression) preferred
- Works well on a team but can also manage work individually
- Self starter, with attention to detail, intellectual curiosity and strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills