Warren Averett Staffing and Recruiting is seeking an experienced accountant to join the finance team for an established company in Birmingham, AL. The ideal candidate will be able to help achieve department and company goals and objectives.
- To support client’s overall divisional and Finance Department goals and objectives by managing capital and tooling activities to ensure accurate and timely recording of related spending. To support all departments by classifying spend accordingly.
- The Senior Accountant – Tooling & Capital, as are all members of Finance, is responsible to ensure that the Customer, People, and Investor goals are balanced and met. Responsible for monitoring, maintaining and review of capital and tooling projects along with related spending. Responsible for the recording of Fixed Assets, depreciation schedules and reconciliation of Fixed Assets, Tooling and Other Assets accounts. Will assist with Fixed Asset Physical Inventory and Lease Accounting Standards.
- Assist with the capital approval and consolidated accounting processes, including the accurate and timely reporting of monthly and quarterly results.
- Collaborate with manufacturing, Finance, and Management to make decisions on the appropriate classification of spending.
- Share in the ownership of lease accounting and reporting responsibilities, which will include analyzing lease contracts and preparing and/or reviewing information for appropriate treatment. Draft position papers as needed.
- Help establish and/or enhance processes within the capital cycle and monthly reporting of PP&E and leases.
- Responsible for reconciling general ledger account balances for Capital, Fixed Assets, Other Assets and Tooling monthly.
- Review and analyze accounts associated with capital improvements.
- Investigate forecast vs. actual spending variances and project budget over-runs.
- Assist with the completion of internal and external audits and compliance reporting requirements.
- Responsible for all intercompany tooling month-end journals and assist with month end intercompany balance confirmations.
- Responsible for maintaining hedges, if any, and supporting Accounting Supervisor on application of hedges to proper projects as needed.
- Satisfy all Sarbanes-Oxley documented finance process requirements for the position.
- Experience in manufacturing working with fixed assets or budgeting systems or equivalent training in relevant fields.
- Strong knowledge and ability to learn and apply technical accounting concepts in accordance with US GAAP
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Experience with integrated financial/manufacturing software packages.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook and advanced Excel skills required.
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Engineering required; MBA in Accounting or Finance preferred.