Warren Averett Staffing and Recruiting is working with a growing company in Huntsville, AL to help expand their accounting team. We are seeking an accountant who has more than 3 years of experience, preferrably with some time spent with a public accounting firm, and has an excellent understanding of deadlines and accuracy to the finance function.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for ensuring detailed accuracy and proper recording of transaction details in the general ledger. The Senior Accountant is also responsible for month end close duties, bank and account reconciliations, journal entry preparation, accruals, accounts payable and accounts receivable. The Senior Accountant also serves as a coach and mentor to other members of the accounting team.
- Ensure business transactions, routine accounting accruals and journal entries are properly documented and compliant with company policies, GAAP and ICFR.
- Ensure account analyses, reconciliations and reviews are completed monthly and documented thoroughly in compliance with company policies, GAAP and ICFR.
- Support the preparation of monthly consolidated financial statements within assigned areas.
- Assists the Division Accounting Officer with providing documentary support as requested by external and internal auditors.
- Assists the ASH Corporate Controller and Assistant Controller with other projects, as requested.
- 3-5 years’ experience in combined public/private accounting experience.
- CPA designation preferred.
- Experience with SOX compliance and ICFR required.
- Homebuilding, real estate or construction experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP and ICFR.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of typical ERP systems/functions.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented, self-starter, purpose-driven.