Warren Averett is seeking a dynamic, professional Senior Accountant who will be a key part of the Company’s Pipeline Accounting Team. The prospective employee will perform a combination of general accounting and pipeline accounting duties on complex crude pipelines, including revenue recognition and deferred revenue analysis, invoicing and tariff analysis, volumetric reconciliations, and supporting the Company’s FERC reporting responsibilities as required.
The expectations, role and responsibilities for this job will include but are not limited to:
- Prepare pipeline volume accounting, reconciliation, and related tariff review for complex crude pipeline assets in an accurate and timely manner
- Demonstrate In-depth understanding of the asset/tariff structure and business drivers of the assigned pipelines
- Perform account reconciliations and analyses to support the accuracy of the general ledger and related sub-ledgers
- Conduct month-end close procedures including preparing journal entries related to transactions in assigned areas necessary for the accurate accounting of the Company’s pipeline assets
- Perform variance analysis of actual revenues and volumes against forecast or prior month/quarters for assigned pipelines and communicate insightful financial analysis to management team.
- Communicate with pipeline shippers and other customers about issues and resolve problems, interface with Business Development (BD) and Scheduling groups on new projects and provide control functions for existing business. Demonstrate ability to effectively interact with Management and Operations as it relates to pipeline accounting processes and policies.
- Record & apply cash for invoice payments. Track aging of accounts receivable, coordinate with customers on billing discrepancies, and customer prepayments.
- Provide support and analysis, as required, to support the company’s FERC reporting responsibilities
- Coordinate and address requests from corporate (internal and external) and 3rd party Customer, internal and external audits etc.
- Maintain evidence of controls performed to ensure audit compliance
- Proactively seek opportunities to streamline process and enhance controls
- Special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s in accounting or Business/Finance
- A minimum of 8-years’ experience in accounting; Midstream Pipeline Accounting Experience preferred
- General ledger experience and strong understanding of accounting principles behind revenue recognition and deferred revenue.
- Strong computer skills; proficient understanding of Microsoft Excel a plus
- Must be able to proactively identify financial issues and drive towards solutions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and influence others outside of the department
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to adapt well to rapidly changing priorities and responsibilities
- Proven team player, with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships, while demonstrating a high level of cooperation and mutual respect
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.