Senior System Specialist (Technical Specialist)
Warren Averett is seeking a Senior System Specialist in Harrisburg, PA. Our ideal candidate will have system software experience with Active Directory, Bentley Microstation, VrOne, and//or VrTwo that includes the support of installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of end user issues (Software/Hardware).
- Collaborate with stakeholders, business representatives, and subject matter experts to support IT systems and programs.
- Capable of working independently, as a team member, or leading tasks to solve complex technical problems within a highly available critical environment.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate by verbal and written methods to include: face-to-face, phone, briefs, emails, information papers, white papers, executive summaries, agendas, plans, and reports
- Resolve highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation.
- Experience with technical activity for design, integration, test, and delivery of technical products
- Ability to present in front of customers and discuss in depth the above technologies in detail
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Information Security and extensive experience (10+ years) in infrastructure operations and/or related IT operational functions.
- Strong business acumen to align organizational mission and strategies to IT solutions.
- As-built documentation.
- Knowledge of operating systems Microsoft (e.g., Windows Server, Powershell, Active Directory, GPOs, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of Bentley Microstation – installation, updates, versioning and provisioning.
- VMware: vSphere ESXi, vCenter (VCSA – Linux)
- Windows certifications (MTA, MCSA, MCSE)
- VMWare certifications. (VCA, VCP, VCAP)
- CompTIA (A+, Network+, Security+)
- Cisco Certifications (CCNA, CCNP)
- Scripting skills in VBScript or PowerShell
- Experience with enterprise monitoring tools such as Solarwinds / SCOM / Whats Up Gold / Hyena / Microsoft SCCM.
- Capable of interpreting performance data and make recommendations for systems improvement