Warren Averett Staffing & Recruiting is helping a client add a Sr. Accountant to their team. If you are ready to take that leap into more responsibilities and a higher difficulty of technical accounting, this role would get you there. Great company with great leadership…let's chat!
- Handling all accounting operational functions including the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Perform cradle to grave accounting tasks associated with the general ledger, i.e., enter monthly journal entries, execute monthly, quarterly and year-end closing entries to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Working with external auditors
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Working through the budgeting process
- Offering recommendations for improvement, and implementing new processes
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics while helping with reporting, tax planning, etc.
- Accounting or Finance Degree
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Preferred experience with larger accounting software or ERP systems, not just QuickBooks