Warren Averett is working with a client in Tampa to add consultant in the capacity of a Sr. Financial Analyst to their team. This individual will be developing complex reporting and preparing analyses of financial performance reports. Have a look at the job description below and tell me if you are up for the challenge. If you are, let’s connect!
- Organize and coordinate budget process, including developing budget tools and budget assumptions and assisting and training Directors and Managers in preparing budgets,
- Analyze potential projects and contracts for financial viability and prepare proposal budgets and actively participate in the proposal process, including in-person negotiations with contracting agencies,
- Analyze financial results and report results to management on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Develop a good understanding of revenue contracts, grants and gifts and ensure compliance with contracting agencies’, grantors’ and donors’ financial requirements,
- Compile and analyze financial information and prepare monthly financial statements including budget variance explanations utilizing knowledge of accounting principles, including expense and revenue recognition, accounting for contributions, fixed asset determination, and lease accounting,
- Maintain and update supporting schedules to the financial statements, including supporting schedules for general ledger accounts,
- Review and prepare journal entries and review, code, and record all bank deposits and keep accurate daily cash ledgers and reconcile bank accounts on a monthly basis,
- Review and accurately pay accounts payable invoices and staff expenses for assigned affiliates,
- Ensure federal, state, unemployment, and other taxes are paid timely and accurately for assigned affiliates,
- Prepare monthly cash flow/forecast and assist affiliates in monitoring cash and overall financial performance for assigned affiliates,
- Oversee and monitor affiliate spending and ensure compliance with accounting principles and company policies and communicate any violation to management and supervisory personnel,
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3+ years of experience.
- Strong excel skills and VBA is a plus.
- Sage experience is a bonus
- Ability to automate report development through the use of macros.
- Understanding of accounting and budgeting principles.