Warren Averett Staffing and Recruiting is looking for a Junior Staff Accountant for a growing Government Contractor in Tampa, FL. Our ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and preferably 1 year of experience in Government Contract Accounting, although previous experience is not a requirement but a plus and internships DO count!
- Assist with Accounts payable and credit card transactions in CostPoint and QuickBooks
- Assist with timely and accurate financial reporting, compliant with company policies and procedures and U.S. GAAP of all entities
- Report to the company’s VP of Finance and leadership team to provide monthly and quarterly updates.
- Assist with and play an integral role in the company’s Accounting team and work closely with General Accountants to provide assistance in all aspects of accounting
- Assist with a Microsoft office excel based financial analysis
- BA or BS degree
- Excellent Excel skill
- Zero (0) to two years of experience accounting (previous internship experience would be helpful), preferably in a Government Contracting environment
- Deltek CostPoint experience is a plus
- A good and “Can Do” Attitude is a must
- Training will be provided
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.