Warren Averett is looking for a Tax Associate for our Fort Walton Beach Office. The ideal candidate will have completed and internship and be eligible to sit for the CPA exam.
Interns must be able to build and maintain strong relationships with the Firm’s clients, both internal and external and have strong desire to have a career in public accounting.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following characteristics:
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Beginning knowledge of Federal and state income tax laws and regulations and the ability to begin preparation of tax returns
- An awareness of current trends in the accounting profession
- The ability to communicate, both verbally and written, clearly and effectively
- Professional appearance in attitude, dress, poise and conduct
- A strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Develop proficiency in use of software utilized by the Firm
- Strong personal time management skills
- Prepare federal and/or state tax returns for clients including individuals, partnerships, S corporations, C corporations, estates, trusts, and private foundations
- Participate in communication with clients and government entities regarding tax compliance
- Prepare and update client depreciation and amortization schedules
- Assist team members with other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Desire to obtain the schooling required to take the uniformed CPA exam and have the required hours to be awarded the CPA license
- Excellent interpersonal skills in working with other staff and clients
- Ability to travel overnight, as required.