Warren Averett Staffing & Recruiting is helping a client find their VP of Credit and Collections. As a collection and recovery leader, this person will ensure the impact of the collections team and provide leadership on key collection and recovery initiatives and changes across the organization. Someone with extensive experience reducing bad debt and increasing collections with oversight to all facets of the department would be of interest to us.
- Increase collections and reduce bad debts to meet the business objectives.
- Responsibility for ensuring that all Invoicing and Collection departments are led in the most prudent direction to provide outstanding service.
- Responsible for ensuring that the impact and intent of the collection and recovery policy and strategy including contact and channel strategy, treatments, loss mitigation programs, legal and other recovery actions, are well-executed in a manner consistent with the intent of policy.
- Drive the business use of technology and leverage strategies and process improvements to make all Invoicing and Collection business units more efficient and effective.
- Manage the implementation and on-going execution of the organization’s collection and recovery policies and strategies, including pre- and post-implementation testing and validation.
- Manage and administer changes to key data and collection systems and interfaces including data attributes, models and rules within the company’s collection systems and utilities.
- Develop innovative solutions / options to drive stronger efficiency/effectiveness trade-offs, treatments and practices as well as to ensure recession readiness.
- Successfully lead various strategic initiatives and / or complex analytical projects focused on the collection and recovery programs and supporting collection systems infrastructure and risk control processes.
- Build and maintain cross-functional partnerships and networks to contribute and drive strong execution around key business initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience is required.
- Advanced degree or equivalent education and experience is preferred.
- 10+ years of experience, with 5+ years of experience in a large, sophisticated collection, or risk management environment.
- Proven track record in reducing bad debt and increasing collections.