Job Description: Tax Intern
Warren Averett is looking for dedicated and ambitious college students for this Internship season. The ideal candidate will have taken the first Audit and Tax classes, have a strong desire to have a career in public accounting and be able to work full time for 40 hours a week.
Why Intern for Warren Averett?
While gaining professional skills that you can carry into your future career, Warren Averett also helps our interns build the relationships that can take you where you want to go. Not only has Warren Averett ranked on two of Forbes’ Best lists (America’s Best Tax Firms and America’s Best Accounting Firms), but the Firm has also repeatedly been named a Best Place to Work in several of our offices through our local footprint. We strive to hone a strong sense of comradery and to provide a good workplace culture where our interns can grow and thrive professionally and personally. Click here to learn more about why Warren Averett is a great place to work.
Interns will build and maintain strong relationships with the Firm’s clients and team members, network with current CPAs and hone their abilities to use in a future public accounting career.
Interns will understand and improve their skillset with the following:
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Beginning knowledge of Federal and state income tax laws and regulations and the ability to begin preparation of tax returns
- An awareness of current trends in the accounting profession
- The ability to communicate, both verbally and written, clearly and effectively
- Professional appearance in attitude, dress, poise and conduct
- A strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Develop proficiency in use of software utilized by the Firm
- Strong personal time management skills
- Prepare federal and/or state tax returns for clients: including individuals, partnerships, S corporations, C corporations, estates, trusts, and private foundations
- Participate in communication with clients and government entities regarding tax compliance
- Prepare and update client depreciation and amortization schedules
- Assist team members with other duties as assigned
- Pursuit of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Desire to obtain the schooling required to take the uniformed CPA exam and have the required hours to be awarded the CPA license
- Excellent interpersonal skills in working with other staff and clients
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.